MPH Students Technical Learning at Lady Goshen Hospital

The Masters of Public Health students of Edward & Cynthia Institute of Public Health and the faculty visited Lady Goschen Hospital, Mangaluru, on January 23, 2024, and were incredibly impressed by the dedication and expertise of the staff. Dr. Lekha OBG Specialist has oriented the team to know about the overall functioning of Lady Goschen Hospital…

Read More

Adolescent’s lives on social media and related mental health challenges

The impact of social media on teenagers is a topic that explores the effects of social media on young people. It is a subject that has aroused concern among parents, educators, and mental health professionals. The use of social media has increased significantly in recent years, and it has become an integral part of many…

Read More

MPH Students visit District Hospital to understand the professional practices in the field of Public Health

To enhance their understanding of public health practices and bridge the gap between theoretical knowledge and practical application, Masters of Public Health (MPH) students of Edward and Cynthia Institute of Public Health, recently embarked on a field visit to the Wenlock District Hospital, Mangalore. The initiative, organized by the ECIPH, aimed to provide students with…

Read More

District Surveillance officer interacts with Public Health students of Edward and Cynthia Institute of Public Health

“Public Health is a branch of knowledge that is best learned in the field amidst communities” said Dr. Naveenchandra Kulal, District Surveillance Officer of Dakshina Kannada district while interacting with the students of Edward & Cynthia Institute of Public Health (ECIPH). He also observed that the knowledge acquired in the field of Public Health must…

Read More

Drug abuse Issues in Nagaland

Drug abuse is the use of substances regularly in amounts which can cause severe harm to the body and psychology. It involves the consumption of drugs acquired in illegal ways. Drug use or drug abuse has become an alarming concern in today’s world. All parts of the society, be it developing or under developing states…

Read More

Public Health Students of ECIPH explore the process of Recovery at the Deaddiction Centre.

Public Health scholars from Edward and Cynthia Institute of Public Health (ECIPH) as part of the practical learning visited Link Integrated Rehabilitation Centre for Addicts in Bajal.  ECIPH facilitated the visit to provide students with firsthand exposure to the challenges and solutions associated with addiction treatment and recovery. Link Integrated Rehabilitation Centre for Addicts is…

Read More

Edward & Cynthia Institute of Public Health’s (ECIPH) ‘Brain Resilience Mission’ to promote Mental Well-Being among teenagers

In a bid to address the rising concerns surrounding teenage stress, Edward & Cynthia institute of Public Health (ECIPH) has initiated Brain Resilience Mission. This mission is a pivotal step towards promotion and managing mental well-being among the teenagers with focus on stress management strategies. Edward & Cynthia institute of Public Health (ECIPH) as a…

Read More

Overfishing a threat to aquatic life

India has the longest coastal board line of 7516.6 km, extending Bay of Bengal in the east, Arabian sea in the west, Indian ocean on the south. The coastal region contributes maximum productivity in the growth of countries progress, as coastal region is rich in biodiversity, coral reef, and aquatic life. The industry provides huge…

Read More

Excessive usage of pesticide and their effect on human’s health

The contribution of the agriculture sector in India is vast, for which it is called the backbone of the Indian economy. In India, the majority of the population lives in rural areas, which cover 68.85% of the region, and the other 31.15% live in urban areas (census of India). The total number of workers working…

Read More

Nagaland must focus on water conservation to address water scarcity and adverse public health outcomes

Water as an essential need must start to gather policy focus with convergence on addressing public health issues. Over the years, there is a global water crisis brewing wherein between 2 to 3 billion people worldwide are currently facing water scarcity. In Nagaland, the concern of water scarcity has become a severe crisis. Almost all…

Read More